Smart people for tomorrow's cities and administration
By 2030, there will be a shortage of around 730,000 skilled workers in the public sector in Germany - according to a McKinsey study. To counteract this massive shortage of skilled workers that we are heading towards in the next few years, the third day of the Smart Country Convention (09 November 2023) is all about careers. The exhibiting companies and administrations can present themselves as innovative employers and show that the modern world of work around work-life balance, flexible working hours and work locations, as well as innovative technology standards has arrived in the public sector.
Career Lounge, Career Tours and Career Speeddating
Career Day will feature a variety of opportunities to connect young professionals and specialists with their potential employers of tomorrow. These include:
- The Career Lounge in Hall 25 is the first port of call on the subject of careers. This is where the Career Tours start, the digital job wall can be found in Hall 25 and the Career Partners bring exciting sessions and workshops to the stage.
- The perfect Career Photo is also available directly at the Smart Country Convention. In the Career Lounge, a professional photographer will take photos for the application documents free of charge.
- The Digital Jobwall provides an overview of open positions from companies in the digital economy and administration. Here, simply scan the respective QR code to find out everything about the potential new dream job.
- Get to know 10 potential employers in 90 minutes - made possible by the Career Tours on November 9. In two group tours, job seekers can get to know different companies that introduce themselves in short pitches and present their open positions.
- Eye to eye with the employer of tomorrow: at Career Speed Dating young professionals and skilled workers can get to know their potential superiors or new colleagues of tomorrow directly.
- Who has vacancies, who is looking for new professionals? The Career Points at #SCCON23 are exhibiting companies that are looking for new employees. So that they can also recognise them, the Career Points are marked with large stickers. The Career Points can be found digitally here in the list of exhibitors.
Strong Career Partners on the way to the dream job
LinkedIn, #SheTransformsIT and Smart City Jobs are the Career Partners of the Smart Country Convention 2023 and will inform about career opportunities, the professional future in the Public Sector and modern recruiting.
LinkedIn will be on stage with three speakers:
- Jessica Gioxi of LinkedIn Talent Solutions will speak at 12:30 p.m. about how to best market yourself to applicants: "Rock Your LinkedIn Profile - Tips & Tricks for Applicants- How Do I Design My LinkedIn Profile?"
- Marc Oliver Nissen from LinkedIn Talent Solutions for the DACH region will give a keynote on "sustainable HR strategy in times of digital transformation" at 1 pm.
- Lastly, Peer Knoops from LinkedIn Talent Solutions will address the employer side at 1:30 p.m.: "Employer Branding for Public Authorities: What does the public sector need to do to find the right talent?"
#SheTransformsIT is an initiative for more women in digitization.
In a fishbowl discussion at 11:30 a.m., titled "Meet FRIDA" (Women in the Digital Workforce), three Female Professionals will speak about their career paths and personal experiences as Women in Tech.
A career in the tech industry is still an exception rather than an alternative for many female students. For this reason, more digital women should become the focus of public attention and digital role models for girls and young women.
The startup Smart City Jobs presents itself at #SCCON23 as THE job and talent pool for the public sector and is there as a Career Partner. With the help of Artificial Intelligence, potential applicants and companies are brought together in a matter of seconds. Professionals can create an applicant profile in the talent pool and receive job ads from the AI that match the content of their profile. Smart City Jobs thus reduces the application effort for the employee side and the recruiting effort for the employer side.
All information about the Career Day of the Smart Country Convention is available here: