Thank you for your interest in the Smart Country Convention 2020! We welcome journalists, editors, bloggers, influencers, podcasters and YouTuber and look forward to your visit. The digital association Bitkom and Messe Berlin will support representatives of press, radio, and television as well as trade media in their journalistic reporting including press accreditation, background information and interview opportunities with the organizers, exhibitors and speakers.
Accredit directly online: After your registration and successful verification of your data, you will receive your free e-press ticker by e-mail. Visits and reporting are reserved exclusively for accredited press and media representatives.
We look forward to welcoming you in the press center!
Please note our accreditation guidelines
As an organizer we want to make it easier for journalists to access information about our events and our company by offering accreditation. Accreditation is awarded exclusively for the purposes of journalistic reporting.
The following persons are entitled to press and media accreditation:
Persons from Germany or abroad who can provide the following proof of journalistic employment (related to the topic of the exhibition in question):
- By presenting by-line articles published no earlier than six months before the time of the event.
- By presenting a legal notice in which they are named as editors, permanent editorial staff or authors, and which is no older than three months at the time of the event.
- By presenting a written commission from a complete editorial office, in the original, relating to the current exhibition.
- By means of a weblink to an online publication that is well established in the industry community in question and that can prove an adequate reach. In these cases, advance accreditation is necessary due to the extra verification effort. Online media of this type must have been in existence for at least three months, must produce regular entries and the most recent article relating to the topic of the exhibition must be no older than three months. In individual cases, separate, more detailed accreditation rules may be specified, with a separate status for Bloggers, YouTube and Instagram.
- By presenting a document no older than six months stating that they work for a school magazine, or by presenting a valid ID from a youth press organization, or by presenting written confirmation from a school stating that they work for the school magazine in an editorial capacity.
- Holders of a valid press card from a German or foreign journalists’ association.
We point out that presenting a press card is generally not, in itself, sufficient grounds for accreditation. The exhibition organizer reserves the right to request further proof of journalistic employment as specified in items a to e.
Credentials should be presented in German or English. The exhibition organizer reserves the right in individual cases to also demand presentation of a valid photo ID. There is no automatic right to accreditation. If necessary, the exhibition organizer shall exercise its domiciliary rights.
The following groups of persons shall not be accredited:
- Persons without journalistic credentials, such as account managers, sales managers, advertising managers or webmasters, PR consultants and private companions.
- Germans resident in Germany who present a foreign press Card.
- Persons who present a written commission from a freelance journalist.
- Persons who are exclusively active in social networks in a private capacity.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
We will keep you up to date with developments of the Smart Country Convention.